Currently, during my last semester at Pitt, I’m taking a course called Integrating Writing and Design. For our most recent project, we had to compose a multi-paged document. I integrated my favorite city and poem form — Pittsburgh and haiku. Continue reading…
Last week I went on vacation with my family to Palm Springs, California. Palm Springs is basically a desert where people decided to build houses and golf courses. With over 100 golf courses, it has more than any other city in the country. Here are some pictures from places I went during the week. Continue reading…
With the Stanley Cup Finals only a day away, I thought that I would focus on the Penguins past and present success. It’s been a tremendous season for the Pittsburgh Penguins, and I don’t want to take away from that, but I thought that it also would appropriate to reminisce about the last time the Penguins made it to the NHL Finals. Continue reading…
If you weren’t aware, yesterday (May 16th) was Bike to Work Day. I though that I would take this opportunity to share my recent interest in cycling, and benefits that come from it. Continue reading…
I just wanted to take a moment to share my mother’s day activities. Yesterday, I went to an alpaca farm in Gibsonia, Pennsylvania. Some relatives came from out of town to share in the moment with my Oma, who is the reason that we went to visit the animals. Continue reading…
- 1. When you are new, kind helpful people make starting a new job possible. (Without people like this, I wouldn’t have been able to do anything this week.)
- 2. College didn’t prepare me for dealing with a large system of files.
- 3. Going out to eat for lunch with co-workers, when the company is picking up the bill, is an awesome thing.
- 4. Adjusting to a new system and way of doing things takes time. This includes setting up and actually understanding what is going on. The understanding part takes the longest amount of time, though the initial setup can be extremely time consuming.
- 5. A short commute to work and casual dress code at work are both great things.
- 6. Competent management, willing to listen and take criticism (while instructing), makes for more productive and satisfied employees. This will probably also result in a more successful company.
- 7. Work is a lot better than college.
- 8. Asking a lot of questions is not a bad thing. If you are new, it is a necessity, and the only way that you will learn.
- 9. Regular quick and constructive meetings to evaluate progress are a positive thing.
School is over for the semester (it was a busy one), so the drought of posting has finally ended. I am very excited that my summer is underway, so I decided to share some of the things that I’m going to do with my time, now that I have some. Continue reading…
- The National – England (live)
- The National – Anyone’s Ghost (Live)
- The National – Bloodbuzz Ohio (Live At Current)
- The National – Sin-Eaters
- The National – Walk Off
- The National – You Were a Kindness
- The National – Wake Up Your Saints
- The National – Terrible Love (Alternate Version)
- Thievery Corporation – Satyam Shivam Sundaram (Govinda Remix)
- Thievery Corporation – Shiva - TC Remix